English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Monday, February 11, 2008

Roll Out the Red Carpet - A Night at the Vanilla Awards

Okay, so I know there are a few who read this blog who have views about awards and posting those that I receive on the blog. Well, today I say to you, too bad - get over it, life is too short to worry about poor food and wine, and blog awards. It's all done in a sense of camaraderie, support and good fun.

After the trauma of the past few days, I am only too delighted to have, and am hugely appreciative of, the love and support of fellow bloggers - and I need to spread the goodwill because frankly the last few days have been beyond shitty. To say that I have been stressed out of my skull since the attack on my mother, would be the understatement of the year. So, now it's time for some levity.

The awards have been flowing and frankly, I'm not even sure how I'm going to pass them on. The lists are long. Please ensure you're wearing your party clothes and sipping champagne!

From Bonnie at Bonnie's Books comes the You Make My Day Award.


And I duly pass this award on to some of you who constantly make my day.

Reya
Kimy
Minx
Sameera
Rambler
Baino
Verilion
Kyklops


From Verilion, I've received another Roar for Powerful Words. This means I will undoubtedly be roaring at double crescendo in future! Be warned!


I've already dished out some Roars for Powerful Words, but I'll dish out some more - and again! The words written by the bloggers below are all very different, some produce more seasoned words than others, but every one of them has something valid and powerful to say in their own way be it through stories, thoughts, poetry, wisdom, insight, compassion, wit or, a combination of all.

Pisces Iscariot
DBA Lehane
Rambler
Jefferson
Steph
Minx
Vapours
John, the Carver
Witnessing I am



From Kimy, Minx and Sameera, I've received the The E for Excellent Blog Award.


The description of the award is:
"I love being a part of the blogging community and part of all the friendships that I've formed so I wanted to give a blog award for all of you out there that have Excellent Blogs. By accepting this Excellent Blog Award, you have to award it to 10 more people whose blogs you find Excellent Award worthy. You can give it to as many people as you want but please award at least 10. (And yes, okay, so some of you already have the award... )"
Shameless
Verilion
Jefferson
Taffiny
Marie
Debi
Reya
Baino
Laquet
Gaye
David
Steve
Vesper
Bonnie



And then from Sameera, I also received:

The You Are Totally Awesome Award


The Best Blogging Buddies Award for Global Communities


The Friendly Site Award


and

The Biggest Heart Award

Frankly, I'm not sure how to pass these on since you are all totally awesome, you are all my blogging buddies and you all have friendly sites! And so, I pass on to you - yes, that's you - really, I do mean you, yes, yes, YOU! the Totally Awesome Award, the Best Blogging Buddies Award for Global Communities and the Friendly Site Award.

I am, however, out of this bunch I am going to pick out the Biggest Heart Award to award to some people who are very special me - and who I know to have huge hearts.


They are:

Kimy
Verilion
Sameera
Reya
Bonnie
Debi
Jefferson
Kat
Vesper
Baino
Rambler

Now can we please have a loud and prolonged round of applause for everyone reading this blog! Yes, go on, clap for yourself too! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment