English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Ding Dong the Bells are going to Chime...



"...Love one another, but make not a bond of love

Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.

Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping,

For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts"



The Prophet - Kahlil Gibran


I’ve dropped two little hints in the past week or two about “news” and my brain being slushy for multiple reasons… Well, if you know the lines of the song… Ding dong the bells are going to chime, then you’ll get what I’m on about.

Yes, I’m getting married - tomorrow.

As a highly independent woman this is not a decision that has been taken likely and ours is a relationship that really doesn’t need marriage to complete it. But bureaucracies being what they are and with our plans to trek across the globe, we’re doing the deed. And this nineteen years after I married for the first time and nine years after I divorced my then-husband and swore I’d never get married again. Ah well, as someone I once knew used to say, “What’s the good of having a mind if you can’t change it”!

So here I am, for better or for worse, preparing to tie said nuptial knot with a very special man whom I love, respect and adore!

There is no big event. No fuss, no bother. We’re just quietly going to do the deed. Though, let’s face it, no girl needs an excuse to buy a new outfit – so weather permitting, I shall be wearing a strappy little red number. Though given the look of the weather right now I suspect I might just be doing an imitation of an icicle! Here’s hoping the weather swings and the sun shines. And after the deed is done, we’re treating ourselves to a lovely meal here. If it’s good enough for Juliette Binoche and Oprah Winfrey, then I reckon it will do just fine for me.

So, my dear blogkin and blog buddies, light a candle or say a prayer and think of us tomorrow at 15h00 GMT +1 hr.


No comments:

Post a Comment