English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Monday, January 12, 2009

It's entirely for the birds

You may recall a tale a while back involving a silky pekin bantam chick that terrorised Ms Bo so that she (the bantam) had to be returned to the sanctuary from which we got her. Well, having returned Chick, we decided we'd spend a few hours strolling around the World of Birds. I thought you'd might enjoy part of that stroll with me. Be warned, these are not the best pics, but they are the ones that gave themselves best over to captioning... Or, to quote George Bernard Shaw... "My method is to take the utmost trouble to find the right thing to say, and then to say it with the utmost levity." Yes, well, I'm not sure about the utmost trouble, but I'm all for levity in these troubled times. Feel free to join in the fun and leave some captions of your own in the comments.


G'day, mate... Am I a fine sorta fella, or what!


Who? Exactly what do you mean Who-Hoo?


Wha'? Me? Not pretty...?!


Cooeee! Over here, Mildred, I'm over here!


Oh really...


Whaddayamean, "Open wide!"?


I spy with my beady eye...


I see. That's all. Just I see.


Alien, I am...


I int dead. I is sunbathing.


Hmmm. I just say, hmmm.
This captioning is just so below me.



Miss Jones, have you seen my pencils and quills?


Ooh la-la...Voulez vous couchez avec moi, c'est soire?


And I give you a vulture's rendition - cough, cough... la, la, la, laaaa....

O sole miooooooo...

And finally... Bo's second cousin - and especially for Fly from the Guinea Fowl International Association... A crested guinea fowl...

You did, didn't you, you went and stepped on my blue suede shoes....

Okay, your turn, let's see what you can come up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment