English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bench of the week (11)

A post about a bench starting with a picture of a rhododendron? Wait a bit and I will tell you why.

Tjorehagen is a privately made and kept botanical garden north of Bergen. It was made by one person - Olav Tjore. Today it is maintained as a foundation and is continuously being extended. It contains about 2000 trees and bushes, of which about 400 are rare rhododendrons. There are small, lakes, bridges - and of course benches.

So this rhododendron flower was placed in a small glass on the table between two benches.

A very rough hewn table.

But a perfect place to sit down.

Also if you want a seat for yourself

And since it was Sunday when these were shot, a bit of festivity was not out of place.

PS If you wonder why I show you this, I can tell you that my mother was born less than 2 km from here.


I have not made this into a meme, but if anyone else would like to join me in publishing benches on Fridays, they are of course welcome to do so. Give me a hint and I'll come visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment