English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

V for Virility

Through David McMahon´s Authorblog and his redbubble I discovered the artist Kate Smith and her paintings. One of them inspired me to make this work which I call "Virility".Why choosing this title? Why not. Kate´s paintings are really virile and in a way she makes me think of Amedeo Modigliani, a painter from I have got great inspiration.

It is the 99th day of ABC Wednesday today, and the letter is U.
Because I am Very impatient, and cannot participate next week, the 100 anniversary of the ABCW start, I do as the Bvlgari Jewelry, swap the U to V.

I could have chosen V for Visiting David´s blog, of Visiting Kate Smith´s homepages.
I could also have chosen V for Venetian Red, a color I have used in the painting, and so on.

But I end up with V for Virility.

No comments:

Post a Comment