English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Saturday, August 11, 2007

In Praise of Chocolate - The Immaculate Confection


"Know your Chocolate....Know your dreams....Surrender to Chocolate....Realise your dreams!"

I don't know how it happened, I never used to like chocolate... now I'm irascible without my morning mug of cocoa and my chocolate raisins for a mid afternoon snack and Green & Blacks' Organic Maya Gold before bed. I think I may finally have developed an addiction. As Miss Piggy says: "Love is grand, but all I need is chocolate."

"The 12-step chocoholics program: NEVER BE MORE THAN 12 STEPS AWAY FROM CHOCOLATE!"
Terry Moore


"If it ain't chocolate, it ain't breakfast!"


"Forget love-- I'd rather fall in chocolate!!!"


"Nobody knows the truffles I've seen!"

"Man cannot live on chocolate alone; but woman sure can."


"There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles."

"Be irresistable to the opposite sex, cover yourself in chocolate."

All about Chocolate

Health Benefits of Chocolate

Chocolate.Org

Chocolate 'has health benefits'

Chocolate's Potential Health Benefits – and its Effect on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Patients

Ahhhh! Better Than Red Wine Or Green Tea, Cocoa Froths With Cancer-preventing Compounds, Cornell Food Scientists Say

"Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate."

Chocolate History

History of Chocolate

Chocolate History Timeline

"It's not that chocolates are a substitute for love. Love is a substitute for chocolate. Chocolate is, let's face it, far more reliable than a man". Miranda Ingram

Chocolate Challenge
Take the Chocolate Challenge

"I never met a chocolate I didn't like." Deanna Troi in Star Trek: The Next Generation
Books and Films

Books and Films about Chocolate

"There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with CHOCOLATE" Linda Grayson, "The Pickwick Papers"

Chocolate Recipes

Chocolate Recipes from Chocoholic.com

Epicurious's Chocolate Recipes

"I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process.... It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance?"

Chocolate entertainment with a difference...

Chocolate painting

"Life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're going to get." Forrest Gump in "Forrest Gump" (1994)

Monty Python - The Whizzo Chocolate Factory



In the beginning The Lord created Chocolate And it was good Then he separated Light from Dark And it was better!"

Now I'm off to raid the cupboard for some choccie... and dig out that famous chocolate cake recipe I grew up with... yummy, scrummy, drooly, dreamy... Slurp!


(Images duly nicked off the internet... Quotes and links found courtesy of Google searches)

No comments:

Post a Comment