English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, July 10, 2009

Trash Talk

The Way To A Conservationist’s Heart, Er, Art

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


I have to admit it’s not often that we get to train our cameras on garbage bins, but this week’s theme really had me thinking. Yes, I’ve got some shots of huge dumpsters; yes, I’ve got some shots of festival trash. But did I really want to publish them? I racked my brain to try and think if there was anything from left field.

That’s when I remembered these shots taken on Orchard Road, the main shopping area in Singapore. Luckily I catalogue all my images in a logical manner, so it only took me a few seconds to track down the image.


I clearly remember walking briskly down Orchard Road and pretty much stopping in my tracks when I saw these brightly coloured bins.

Of course I had to shoot the sight immediately. Not just because of the bright colours, but mainly because I don’t think I’ve ever seen a trash can decorated with so much vibrant art.


Visit TNChick's Photo Hunt. Today's theme: "Garbage''.

No comments:

Post a Comment