English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bench of the week (21)

I'm still at Lindås Skulemuseum, the museum I visited last week. This time we''ll have a look at another kind of bench that I found outside in the school-yard. It has obviously been outside for a while and has acquired the patina of time.

A further study reveals that it is probably part of a school-bench, but that it is missing the desk. However - it is not placed as such benches usually are...

It is placed in front of what used to be the outside toilet of the school (the school was closed in 1961). Maybe it was a kind or waiting-bench for children in need?

My own interest in benches stems from the site published by PERBS and Kerri and the site published by Malyss. Also, others have shown an interest in the subject, so I have started to take photos of benches when I "stumble" across one and post them on Fridays.

It is not a "proper" meme, but if anyone else would like to join me in publishing benches on Fridays, they are of course welcome to do so. In fact, so many have posted them and graced me with messages that I feel almost embarrassed :-) So, if you do it - give me a hint and I'll come visiting - summer permitting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment