English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Draught Dodger

What? A Beer, So Early In The Morning?

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


All right, I know you all think that Aussies are great beer drinkers, so I guess it’s fitting that beer should be the theme of today’s contribution to the Sky Watch Friday theme.

These images were shot in March this year, as I waited at Richmond station for a train to Flinders Street. Was that really a flying beer glass I could see on the horizon? Surely I wasn’t imagining things.


Then I realised it was a unique hot-air balloon. Yes, it was a foaming glass of Carlton Draught beer, but it was being well flown over the horizon. I could have swapped lenses and got some interesting close-ups, but I decided to stick with my Sigma 18-125mm lens and compose some shots that included normal station silhouettes as well.


For other participants in Dot’s concept, go to Sky Watch HQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment