English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

In The Driver’s Seat

Some People Are So Well Trained

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


So there I was, just standing on the platform about 10 days ago, wondering what I should photograph just to provide a slight variation on this weekly theme.

And while I stood there pondering the possibilities, my gaze moved to a Connex suburban train that stood on a nearby platform. Strong colours. Good light, even though it was fairly cloudy. Then the penny dropped – that’s just what I needed for the theme.

I did have my long lens (a Sigma 70-300mm) with me, but my normal everyday lens, a Sigma 18-125mm, was more than adequate for the tight frame that I wanted.

It was only when I shot this that I realised train drivers have to have doors on both sides of the carriage!

For earlier posts in this series, check out The Doors Archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment