English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Supply And Command

You Could Say It's Just Plane Sailing

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


A couple of months ago, I drove through the Riverina to the Outback town of Temora in New South Wales, to do some hands-on research on a World War II-vintage Spitfire for a novel I’m working on at the moment, called "The Jadu Master".

I arrived there on the Friday afternoon and went straight through the town to the Temora Aviation Museum, where I spent of couple of hours in a hangar, putting the finishing touches to my research on the famous fighter plane.

The next day, while I waited for the flying display to begin, I was one of the first people to drive into the car park - which filled up very rapidly. While I waited there and wondered how long it would take for the fog to lift, I saw these two buildings to my left.

I asked permission to take these photographs - which I reckoned would be ideal for the weekly Doors theme.


For earlier posts in this series, check out
The Doors Archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment