English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A New Leash Of Life

It’s All A Matter Of Dogged Determination

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


I shot this a year ago, during my week in the Yukon. Obviously, that was several months before I decided to post a "doors" shot every Thursday, but I think this fits the theme rather well.

As a kid I read constantly, and some of the subjects that fascinated me were tales of exploration, frontier spirit and the way in which early settlers coped with harsh conditions. The Yukon is all about that and much more, which is why I reckon it is a photographer’s paradise.

Would I go back there? Yes, in a flash. And not just to knock on doors like this one, but to try and understand what the region’s gold rush heritage says about the human spirit.

For earlier posts in this series, check out The Doors Archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment