English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Up, Up And Away

I Feel The Need, The Need For Speed

Photographs copyright: DAVID McMAHON


It was a very murky dusk when I shot this series of images of a US F/A-18 Hornet as part of a sequence at the Australian International Air Show at Avalon in March this year.

These are all uncropped images. Aviation photography can be very testing, because you seldom get a second chance for a shot. But in the top left-hand corner of the image below, you can see the slightest hint of a cloud wisp.


The bad light really tested me that evening, because the weather conditions deteriorated very quickly. The next day, however, it rained constantly, so I guess I was very lucky to get any shots at all!


For other participants in Dot’s concept, go to Sky Watch HQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment