English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Friday, October 3, 2008

Big sky, big sea and so much more


You'll probably remember that I went whalewatching last Sunday... When I wasn't watching whales, I was playing with my polarising filter and admiring the staggering majesty that surrounded me - in great things and in small. I hope you enjoy them too.



Although it signals bad weather, the sky was striped and decorated with the most stunning cloud formations which the polarising filter picked out beautifully. To the naked eye, the vista was mostly hazy, but with the filter on maximum, colours intensified and cloud formations revealed their mysterious beauty.


And in the dusky blue, Jonathan Livingstone spread his wings and glided on invisible currents...



Rocky coves and splashing waves...




Seeds and flowers


And cormorants skimming the waves


As I gazed out across the blues of Hermanus' Walker Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment