English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Monday, February 8, 2010

It's Geometry (#1)


In high school I was very good at geometry. I remember that I even proved a theorem that my teacher didn't expect anyone to prove.

Nearly fifty years later I use geometry all the time as a quilter. I couldn't prove a theorem if I had to.

There is geometry all around us. I love the lines and angles and circles and arcs I see in nature, architecture, agriculture, industry, and of course, quilting. That's what I plan to post on Mondays for the foreseeable future. If you would like to join me with Geometry Mondays, make a mention in a comment. If you post your geometry on another day, then that's fine, too. We'll be in a mood to look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment