English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Thursday, November 11, 2010

All the fun of the fare

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON (Image ID: USA2010-01July-0274)


If you're familiar with my photography, whether it is here on my blog or on my Red Bubble site, you'd know that I enjoy shooting familiar objects from unusual angles. (This is only a low-res version, but if you'd like to view the full-size original on my Red Bubble page, just click here.)

So when Mrs Authorblog and I took the Authorbloglets to the Big Apple in late June this year, we figured we had to take one of those open-top bus tours to see as much of Manhattan as swiftly as we could, while trying to cover all the major spots on foot. It's a good thing I'm used to firing off shots from a moving vehicle, after my experiences in the Yukon and certain other spots around the world.

This shot was taken from my vantage spot on the left-hand side of the top of the bus. I was using my standard 18-125mm lens, rather than the 70-300mm lens I always carry with me. It was more than sufficient to compose a tight frame of a familiar symbol of NYC, albeit from a point of view not often seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment