English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Saturday, March 12, 2011

One Single Impression: Passionate

IMG 6099




"Epic rains on Thursday,"

my sister says, adding,

"Whatever 'epic' means."



Her weather predictions,

Wherever they come from,

Are always correct.



There is no need to wonder

If the rain will come.



I wonder what the rain will do.



Will it--could it--

Put out an epic fire

In eye-for-an-eye fashion

Or will the



Simply



Throw its weight around

And move on?



There is no telling.

Thursday has not come.



About that fire, though.

I have felt it through and through

And wondered what could extinguish it.



I pray for the rain.

The quenching--

In fact the near drowning in mud

That is a sure danger of epic rain.



Drowning is the only end to

A fire that has burned too long.



Bring on the rain.

I will write the story.



I know epic.



One Single Impression

No comments:

Post a Comment