English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Monday, August 10, 2009

Post Haste

But You Don't Look A Day Over Sixty

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON


This mailbox – in an unfamiliar suburb – stopped me in my tracks last Wednesday afternoon.

Why? Two reasons, I guess. First, it’s not every day you see a light-blue mailbox. Second, it’s obviously seen better days, judging by the rust, the wonky orientation and the damage to the top.

But in totality, I saw a certain beauty here. Simply because it was, well, different. I saw something to be admired in the context of the way it fitted its surroundings – the painted picket fence, the garden and the unswept leaves that formed a beautiful bronze carpet.

Visit the creative team behind That's My World Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment