English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Saturday, March 5, 2011

One Single Impression



My foot slips through

Ice made thin

By the sure light

Of late February



And I sink up to my shin.

But for the waterproofing

On my new Earth shoe

My foot would be wet and cold.



As it is, only my leg freezes

As I schlep along

Trying to feel,



As the ice has,



The full benefit

Of a blazing February sun.



In that brief exchange of

Energy between me and the Earth

Somewhere below the ice



I have discovered

She is no victim of winter's iron maiden

But a playful girl

Waking in her own good time

Under a white blanket



That frays and tatters

Moment by moment

Even as it quite accidentally

And imperfectly

Hold this world together.

No comments:

Post a Comment