English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Wild about Weavers


Taking some time out from writing the new manuscript, which has been getting a bit intense. Time out means time for other creativity. In this case, my other passion, photography.

About a mile from where I live, amidst middle class suburbia is a tiny oasis - a pond (or very small dam) which attracts a whole lot of birdlife. Not least of all a buzzing, squabbling flock of weaver birds. The males are gearing up for the nesting season and there is a lot of nestbuilding and displaying going on. And a LOT of noise and plenty of attitude. But, they are rather beautiful - and comical.


We start with a piece of grass...

We find a suitable location...

We start to weave...

It's hard and thirsty work...

And a chap needs some time out...

Got to make sure the front entrance is just so...

The finished product...

Now to find a wife... (and hope she doesn't tear it apart)

See what I've made, it's beautiful, isn't it?

Look at me, I'm beautiful, aren't I - you know you wanna marry me and have my babies...


No comments:

Post a Comment