English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Saturday, December 4, 2010

How does your garden grow?

Photograph copyright: DAVID McMAHON (Image ID: 131-6568)


Judging by the state of these window boxes in the bright sunlight, the first-floor garden is thriving, thanks very much. This was shot on Lygon Street, the place that is home to Melbourne's unique cafe culture. It doesn't matter what sort of cuisine you're looking for, this is where you'll find it, day or night.

It was a warm afternoon, and the summery colours of this restaurant's facade really dictated that I had to stop to take a shot or two. The orange trellis work was central to what I wanted to depict, and if you look carefully, you'll see that the angle I chose actually meant I had to include the awning in the frame - but that I had to ensure it did not dominate any aspect of the shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment