English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Postcards from Paradise

Mauritian sunset

I know. They are very long overdue. By about a month and a half. What can I say? One, I've been beavering away, finishing the manuscript and two, it takes a bloody long time to sort through about 5000 photographs and get them down to a very small number to post here. But, that said, here they are. All I can say now is - I could really do with some of that tropical heat! (And you'll just have to bear with me on the number of tropical sunsets...)


Just one of a gazillion tropical sunsets...


Hotel beach - Mauritius west coast

Beach Vendors



I heart you with an anthurium...

Tea picker at Bois Cherie tea plantation

The coloured earths at Chamarel

The Hindu God, Ganesh, at Grand Bassin, the sacred lake

Port Louis' fresh produce market

Spice shop in Port Louis

Sea art after a spring high tide

Still more tropical sunsets...



Fishermen at dawn

Oh look, sunsets, again...


Paradise perfected

For other photo posts of Mauritius see here, here (2007) and here (2007), over here on Flickr...

No comments:

Post a Comment